Remote and isolated workforces are the foundation of industries all over the world. Often travelling to distant locations or following unusual schedules, remote workers face more safety challenges than regular 9 to 5 desk-bound employees.
Isolated workers are based off-site, sometimes in hard to find places and typically don’t have the immediate assistance of a co-worker or supervisor nearby. The combination of remote locations and long working hours creates real challenges for employers who need to meet their responsibility of keeping their people safe.
Active management of those risks is the first step for both employers and isolated workers to ensure the safety of their worksite. This often includes identifying and mitigating all potential risks at the site and can include tasks such as:
- Visiting sites to identify and manage safety risks
- Consulting with local services to develop procedures for remote worker incidents
- Providing workers with the tools and protocols to identify, report and mitigate potential hazards
Workers also have a duty to ensure their own safety, following and complying with their employers’ safety instructions. This could include identifying and controlling risks in the remote worksite, reporting any safety issues to their supervisor and following all procedures in the event of an emergency.
Complying with company procedures and regulations can result in time-consuming manual processes for employees and employers, particularly for organisations with lone or isolated workers at different sites. That’s where the journey management software from JESI can help. JESI offers a consistent approach to managing remote and isolated workforces, providing a holistic view of remote and isolated workers for managers, anywhere and anytime.
Our proven journey management solution can effectively manage and mitigate the safety risks that isolated workers frequently face. It enables information exchange, reporting and the correspondence between remote workers and their supervisors, helping to make remote workers feel more secure when they’re in isolated locations.
Trusted by companies of all sizes around the globe, JESI’s features include:
- Check-in reminders delivered via SMS or online;
- Trip risk assessment;
- GPS confirmation to ensure that lone workers check-in at the correct location;
- A dashboard that provides accurate updates from workers anywhere in the world;
- Advanced analytics that evaluate key metrics, including travel time for an entire workforce, team or individual traveller; and
- An audit log that records and verifies all journey and checkpoint activities.
In addition to enhancing worker safety, the key benefits of implementing a journey management solution like JESI are:
- Compliance with legislative and industry requirements
- Cost effectiveness when compared to offline alternatives like call centres
- Improved communication throughout the workforce
For more information on ways to help protect your remote workforce, reach out to the team at JESI.